Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pass/Fail

Well, I did it.  I flunked my first ever mammogram.  "They found a mass in your left breast," she said.  "It looks like a cyst," she continued, "but we'll need some more testing to be sure."  

So I will try my best to FX this test, and get out of there with a "no biggie, sorry for scaring you into pissing your pants."

I started this blog hoping to share funny stories, but this isn't very funny.  Maybe something funny will happen at my next visit.

Although, at the first mammogram, I did get to overhear a conversation between two old people who were discussing torture in Iraq ("they put 'shocky things' on their balls!"), and that led into a conversation about vasectomy.  That caused the man to thank his wife for "making me git 'er done" and then he kissed her on the cheek and told her he loved her. 

That was great.  I saw a tender moment between long married people, and he (hand to God) said "git 'er done".  Now if I had only passed that blasted mammogram, it would've been really funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am holding my breath for you. love the waiting room story though :)